San Mateo, CA
Klue is looking for a bright, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic individual to head up our software engineering organization. As our VP of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for all aspects of software development and QA. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader who understands product vision and strategy, is passionate about innovative technologies, and has a proven track record of delivering high quality software both as a doer and a leader. We are an early-stage venture so flexibility and taking initiative in a fast-paced environment is essential.
What you’ll be doing
As a key member of the executive team, you will be responsible for ensuring that our product vision is realized through excellence in execution. You will report directly to the CEO. Key responsibilities include:
- Build out and manage our software engineering organization.
- Work closely with the rest of the leadership team to define product strategy and planning.
- Manage product features, schedules and software releases. Translate product requirements into software specifications, and oversee the implementation and QA.
- Oversee and guide all aspects of software development including embedded software, algorithms, data analytics, Mobile App, Cloud infrastructure and DevTools.
- Deliver high quality product on time and implement the processes necessary to accomplish this.
What we’re looking for
- Self-motivated team player that is confident and accountable for their work.
- Strong technical leader with 10+ years of professional experience in software development and 5+ years of professional experience leading engineering teams.
- Capable of understanding and reviewing code. Experience with iOS, Android, Python preferred.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced startup environment. "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial startup attitude.
- Knows how to build out an agile and lean engineering organization with a collaborative engineering culture.
- Comfortable managing remote resources.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or similar field of study.
- Familiarity with HIPAA compliance a plus.
About the position
- Full-time position in San Mateo, CA
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
- If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.